Harmar Real Estate
Consisting of 6.4 square miles of land, and .5 square miles of water, it holds the Allegheny Islands State Park on three islands in the Allegheny River. Between the islands, the C.W. Bill Young Lock and Dam was built in 1932 to help improve navigation along the river. The township is entirely in the Allegheny River drainage basin. It is across the Allegheny River from Plum and Oakmont, connecting via the Hulton Bridge.
- Founded in 1875, it is named for Harmar Denny, a U.S. Congressman from 1829-1837. It was originally settled by farmers and immigrant coal miners, who worked in the Harmar Mine. The historical company house for the mine are located at the lower end of Guy’s Run Road and the Harmarville Presbyterian Church.
- Population was 2,921 residents per 2010 census.
For more information on Harmar Township, visit: