Map & Community
About Ross Township
Ross Township, named after a prominent Pittsburgh attorney James Ross, was established in November of 1809. Ross is a community that is comprised of approximately 31,000 residents and is approximately six miles north of the city of Pittsburgh. Ross has been and continues to be, a very sought after area because of its history, affordability and proximity to the city.
A neat historical fact about Ross Twp. is the roads that passed through the area were traversed by Native Americans was called the Venango Path, which was later tagged Franklin Road, and was one of the most crucial routes used by Commodore Oliver Perry in the “Battle of Lake Erie” during the War of 1812.
For more information regarding Ross Township, please go to http://www.ross.pa.us/