Map & Community
Richland Township sits on the northern border of Allegheny County, about 18 miles north of downtown Pittsburgh, in between Pine and West Deer Townships. The semi-rural community was carved out of Pine Township in 1850. Today, 11,100 residents call this township home, belonging to the Pine-Richland School District.
- Richland Township Community Park consists of 80 acres, offering playgrounds, pavilions, a barn, sports fields, various courts, and even a bocce court!
- The first home in Richland was a log cabin built by John Crawford around 1800, when it was originally called Pine Township.
- It holds Bakerstown, which sits on what was originally two lots of Depreciation Lands. Gibsonia named from the Gibson family, which had their homestead and a general store, whose remains are found near the railroad crossing.
- Located in Richland Twp. is the St. Barnabas Free Home.
- Sebastian Mueller, a German immigrant that purchased land in Richland Township in the early 1900s, ended up acquiring over 450 acres. He established Eden Hall farm, which is shared today by Chatham University and Pine-Richland School District.
- Pittsburgh North Golf Course is located here for the golf enthusiast!
For more information on Richland Township, visit: