Map & Community
About McCandless Twp
TOWNSHIP OF McCANDLESS
McCandless Township, was originally coined, Taylor Township in 1851 and incorporated in 1857. Taylor Township was re-titled McCandless Township, taking the name of the honorable District Judge Wilson McCandless. The township has a total area of over 16 square miles of generally hilly terrain.
McCandless is known for its close proximity to North Park North Park - alleghenycounty.us and all the recreational activities that are included. The township has a total area of over 16 square miles of generally hilly terrain. The township has been a very sought after area for many years because of its accessibility to the city and its more diversified development in residential and commercial plans. Other areas of distinction can be seen in its newly designed and built mixed-use development entitled, McCandless Crossing.
The township has been given awards because of its deliberate communication with the local residents and businesses in the areas such as health and wellness and has been recently ranked highly among Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live”.
Educationally, McCandless supports its almost 30,000 residents with a local top-rated public school district in North Allegheny School District and is also home to higher educational offerings since 1972 at the Community College of Allegheny County. McCandless also is proud to be home to the multi-municipality Northland Public Library.
If you’d like more information regarding McCandless Twp., please visit http://www.townofmccandless.org/